Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (Study Program of Informatics) (15 Weeks)
This unit of study provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of digital humanities and cultural heritage from information technology perspective. Building an experience of the student to work in a team, paying attention to needs and characteristics of cultural heritage preservation in the digital form. This unit teaches students key concepts of culture from the Balinese perspective and emphasized from both conceptual and practical standpoints. Moreover, this unit of study will share views and experiences, discuss relevant approach as well as the best practice and the ideal technical tools to preserve, document, manage, present/ visualize and disseminate the rich and diverse cultural heritage of mankind.
Over the 15 weeks, the student will experience some field visits and trips, scientific data collection, and hands-on lectures, students will experience a completely different set of environments that they have seen before in the developed country. This unique experience will enrich the student understanding about what the best for both developed and developing countries.
1. Understanding digital humanities and cultural heritage
2. Understanding the theory of culture and Balinese culture
3. Understanding knowledge creation and transfer
4. Understanding knowledge transfer in the community
5. Understanding knowledge acquisition, formalization, and digitation
6. Understanding Balinese language and script
7. Understanding cultural artefact and practices
8. Understanding language, community, and social life
9. Understanding Balinese cultural heritage of balance and harmony
10. Understanding digital tools to document and preserve humanities and cultural heritage
Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage