Bali Cultural Ergonomic (Study Program of Ergonomic-Work Physiology) (Short course)
This course is designed to present how Balinese applied the principle of ergonomics in the daily activities although the word of ergonomics is not found in the Balinese language. In addition, the course will try to analyse the application of ergonomics in the traditional daily life of Balinese by using the ergonomics as a science and technology as well. The daily activities of the Balinese, will be looked from traditional view, and then, applying the ergonomics principles analysing them. The course is opened for graduate students.
After the completion of this course, students are expected to understand about the Balinese cultural aspect, the applied ergonomic in the traditional agriculture tasks in Bali, the applied ergonomic in small scale industry, the applied ergonomic in the traditional housing in Bali, the applied ergonomic in the spiritualism and leisure regarding to Bali, and the ergonomic aspect on the preserving and conserving the Balinese activity in some specifically problems.
1. Class activities
2. Field activities
(site visit and field workshop)
1. Introduction to Balinese Culture
2. Ergonomics in Balinese Culture
3. Prac. class: 1) Introduction to Offices of Rectorat as one entity, in Jimbaran Campus.
4. Home visit to one of the Balinese family around Main Campus at Bukit Jimbaran.
5. Traditional Agricultural Tasks for Paddy Cultivation,and related to the ceremonies, accordingly.
6. Prac. Class: Introduction of irrigated system of paddy cultivation around Suwung Kauh.
7. Paddy Cultivated, from land preparation until post-harvesting.
8. Introduction: Small scale industry
9. Ergonomics in small scale industry
10. Prac. Class: Plant visit to one of the Home Industry in Klungkung.
11. Introduction on some programs conducted in the illage as related to spiritualism and leisure as for tourism activity.
12. Ergonomics in spiritualism and leisure
13. Field Trip on the Tirta Solas at Sangeh Monkey Forest, as an example of spiritualism program for everybody (foreign and local people).
14. Lecture on Traditional Housing
15. Ergonomics in Traditional Housing
16. Field Trip to one family in Bukit Jimbaran area to show an example how the traditional housing is fitting the ergonomics.
17. Lecture on Maintaining the Balinese Culture for the sustainability by making use of Science and Technology. Example of quality control in the processing of traditional musical finalization of products and the lontar processing for lontar writing.
18. Ergonomics in Maintaining the Balinese Culture for the sustainability by making use of Science and Technology. Field Trip to Klungkung Gamelan small scale industry and to Kamasan for pis-bolong production or to any place for lontar hand writing process.
19. Wrap up program